Hi Juice Lover!
I created VAS Exclusive to help you live a better life and also help protect the planet with reusable, eco-friendly options. During our popular juice challenges @allaboutjuicing, I noticed that we didn't have the right kind of bottles and accessories to help you create & store your juices and smoothies. I knew then that I could make a difference to make something specifically for this purpose. I also saw how so many of you used plastic bottles and straws, something that isn't great for your body or the planet.
Our bottles have a wide mouth for easy pouring and storing, and glass is the ideal beverage container - it's safe, durable, doesn't stain. I hope you enjoy our line of juicing bottles and accessories to help you life the best life all while knowing you're helping the planet.
Love & Juice,
VAS Exclusive was created by author and blogger Vanessa Simkins.
She is the founder of AllAboutJuicing.com and a cookbook author. Her books are 'The Juice Lover's Big Book of Juices: 425 recipes for super nutritious and crazy delicious juices' & 'Power Blender Revolution: More than 300 healthy & amazing recipes that unlock the potential of your Vitamix, Blendtec, Ninja or other high speed, high power blender ".
She is also the founder of Vanessa's Juice Club, a membership community where juicing daily is easy and fun.
Her newsletters, products and site reach over a quarter-million readers each month – a veritable army, inspired to juice for better health.
A juicing trendsetter known for her inventive and tasty juice recipes, Vanessa has an undying thirst for connecting people back to what makes them healthy, one drink at a time.
Our Brand Mission
At VAS Exclusive & All About Juicing, we seek to inspire, educate and encourage our fans to think about their health and lifestyle choices.
We believe the choices we make today impact our health and our planet. By offering reusable juicing and smoothie bottles & accessories, our hope is that hey contribute to a better planet and healthier lifestyles by reducing waste for our planet and helping others live their best life.
VAS stands for Vanessa's and her husbands initials: Vanessa + Adam Simkins
Ironically, the definition of "Vas" means vessel or container, and a juice jar is the first product in her line, making it a perfect fit.
Saving the Planet - About Plastic Pollution
- 8 million metric tons of plastic waste end up in the ocean in a single year in the Los Angeles area alone, 10 metric tons of plastic—like grocery bags, straws and soda bottles—are carried into the Pacific Ocean every day.
- Over the last ten years we have produced more plastic than during the whole of the last century.
- 50 percent of the plastic we use, we use just once and throw away.
- Enough plastic is thrown away each year to circle the earth four times.
- We currently only recycle and recover fiver percent of the plastics we produce.
- The average American throws away approximately 185 pounds of plastic per year.
- Plastic accounts for around 10 percent of the total waste we generate.
- The production of plastic uses around eight percent of the world's oil production.
- Americans throw away 35 billion plastic water bottles every year (source: Brita)
- Plastic in the ocean breaks down into such small segments that pieces of one plastic bottle could end up on every mile of beach throughout the world.
- Annually approximately 500 billion plastic bags are used worldwide. More than one million bags are used every minute.
- 46 percent of plastics float (EPA 2006) and it can drift for years before eventually concentrating in the ocean gyres.
- It takes 500-1,000 years for plastic to degrade.
- Plastic can be found in swirling convergences in the oceans making up about 40 percent of the world's ocean surfaces. 80 percent of pollution enters the ocean from the land.
- The Great Pacific Garbage Patch is located in the North Pacific Gyre off the coast of California and is the largest ocean garbage site in the world. This floating mass of plastic is twice the size of Texas, with plastic pieces outnumbering sea life six to one.
- Plastic constitutes approximately 90 percent of all trash floating on the ocean's surface, with 46,000 pieces of plastic per square mile.
- One million sea birdsand 100,000 marine mammals are killed annually from plastic in our oceans.
- 44 percent of all seabird species, 22 percent of cetaceans, all sea turtle species and a growing list of fish species have been documented with plastic in or around their bodies.
- In Lake Erie samples were collected and 85 percent of the plastic particles were smaller than two-tenths of an inch, and much of that was microscopic. Researchers found 1,500 and 1.7 million of these particles per square mile.
- Virtually every piece of plastic that was ever made still exists in some shape or form (with the exception of the small amount that has been incinerated).
- Plastic chemicals can be absorbed by the body.
- Some of these compounds found in plastic have been found to alter hormones or have other potential human health effects.
Solution to Plastic Pollution
Use reusable bottles, sleeves, straws when drinking. Try to never purchase disposable water bottles and straws.
At VAS Exclusive we're thrilled to make it our mission to reduce plastic pollution and provide you with safe reusable containers for your water, juice and smoothies.